The 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence runs from the 25 November to 10 December every year. Its purpose is to raise awareness and call for the prevention and elimination of violence against women and girls.
You may have seen numerous posts on social media and even attended events in your local area in support of the campaign. If you are inspired to learn more, we’ve put together a few lists of books on the topic to get you started.
1. Respect Victoria’s 16 Days of Activism Toolkit. Scroll to page 19 for a shortlist of fiction and non-fiction books on the topic.
2. Good Reads has a comprehensive list of over 100 books. You can check them out based on user ratings and find a short synopsis on each one.
3. The Pixel Project put together a selection of 16 books back in 2018 in honour of the 16 Days campaign.
4. Learn about gender violence across the world with this reading list by the Australian Women’s History Network.
5. Yarra Plenty Regional Library also put together their reading list of though-provoking books for last year’s 16 Days of Activism
Have you read any of the books in the above lists? Or are there any other books or articles that you would suggest on the topic of gender-based violence?